Matheran is a hill station in Karjat Tahsil and is also the smallest hill station in India. Matheran, which means “forest on the forehead”, is an eco-sensitive region declared by the Ministry of Environment and Forest- Government of India. It is Asia’s only automobile-free hill station.
The forest type of Matheran is Semi evergreen making the plateau forest very dense and even congested in places. The laterite, porous soil along with very heavy rainfall mixed with dense fog for 4-5 months has resulted in unique flora rich in diversity on the plateau. The forests show vegetation in top, middle and ground storey. The trees form a cover over large variety of shade loving herbs, climbers, ferns and mosses.
The forest has a large monkey population, including bonnet macaques and Hanuman langurs. Animals like leopard, barking deer, Malabar giant squirrel, fox, wild boar, mongoose can be found in the forest.
Type: Nature trail
Height: 2,200 ft. above MSL (Approx)
Sunday 10th Sep-
- Catch 6.24 am local from Dadar (6.31 am Kurla, 6.50 am Thane, 7.02 am Dombivali)
- 07.45 am – Meet at Neral station / Breakfast & leave for Matheran- Dasturi Naka by by private transport
- 09.00 am – Round of introduction & Instructions
- 09.30 am –Nature trail
- 03.30 pm – Return to Dasturi Naka and back to Neral Station
- Catch train & reach Mumbai by 7:00 pm tentative
Rs. 650/- per person
- Travel from Neral to Matheran & Back by private transport
- Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Matheran Entry fee
- Guide & expertise charges
- Lunch for the day
- Bottled water, cold drink etc.
- Anything other than above mention in inclusions
For Registration, Contact – 9167966042, 9930691186, 8369580471, 9869509488
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
Once transfer please confirm the transaction details, Name of participants and the event name via. email or SMS or Whatsup
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
- Lunch for the day
- Water 2 Liters at least
- Haversack to put in everything to be carried
- Torch with extra batteries
- Binocular / Camera
- Windcheater / Poncho / Umbrella
- Personal medicines required if any
- Identity Proof
- Smoking, consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should take permission from their physicians before treks.