Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3152 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Region: Manmad / Chandvad Range
Base Village: Ankai
Ankai-Tankai is a twin fort located in Nasik-Manmad region in Chandwad range and just 8km away from Manmad.
A flight of steps lead to ancient Buddhist caves situated at the base of the Tankai fort. Beautiful sculptures on the wall, carving on pillars and roof, a duplex cave with gallery, a temple in the cave is worth looking and a boon for photography enthusiasts. Regular steps leads to a number of fortified entrances, caves with some sculptures and finally to the top where a domed building is located.
On the top one can see 5 caves, 7 water tanks, an arched enclosure and at the end of the fort a huge pond, Dargah etc. A huge cave below the summit which is now an Ashram or a temple of Agatsya, the sage who first crossed Vindhya Mountains. The Fortification walls and entrance are still in a good condition.
From the top, one can have a beautiful view of surroundings, a pinnacle called Hadbi chi shendi, Gorakshnath, Tankai Fort and Chandvad range if weather is clear.
After a first common entrance, the route forks into two directions. One goes to Fort Ankai and the other to Fort Tankai. Steps lead to the damaged entrance of Fort Tankai. Fort Tankai is a huge plateau with a lake and Mahadev Mandir, ruins of the construction and a bastion.
These were said to be the strongest hill forts captured by the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan in 1635. They command a wide view of Khandesh and Godavari valleys.
Saturday- 14th Oct
- Board 12131- DR Sainagar Exp leaving Mumbai-Dadar @ 09:45 pm and reaching Manmad by 01:50 am
- (Halting Thane 11:03 pm, Kalyan 11:11 pm)
Sunday- 15th Oct
- Reach Manmad by 01:50 am and rest till morning 05:00 am
- Hire Rixa/ Jeep and reach Ankai village by 06:00 am
- Breakfast & start trek by 07:30 am, explore the Caves on the way and reach top by 08:30 am explore Ankai & Tankai forts
- Start descend by 01:00 pm, Lunch in the Ankai village and leave for Manmad by 03:30 pm
- Catch 22102 Rajya Rani Exp leaving Manmad by 05:25 pm, reach Mumbai by 10:07 pm
Rs. 1,100/- per participant.
- SL class train ticket to Manmad & Back to Mumbai
- Transport from Manmad to Ankai & back
- Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Tea
- NB charges
- Personal / Accident insurance.
- Bottled water, Cold drinks etc.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
For Registration, Contact – 9167966042, 9930691186, 8369580471, 9869509488
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
Once transfer please confirm the transaction details, Name of participants and the event name via. email or SMS or Whatsup
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings.
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.