Duration: 7 Days & 6 Nights
The Sanskrit name means “The abode of clouds” is one of the Seven Sister states of north eastern part of the country. Scenic Meghalaya with majestic hills, spectacular waterfalls, dense forests and valleys is a heaven to nature lovers. Shillong the capital of Meghalaya is well known as “Scotland of the East”.
The state is the wettest region in the country, recording an average of 12,000 mm (470 in) of rains a year. About 70% of the state is forest. The Meghalaya subtropical forests ecoregion encompasses the state; its mountain forests are distinct from the lowland tropical forests to the north and south. The forests are notable for their biodiversity of mammals, birds, and plants.
- Day1 (Sunday- 12th Nov)- Report @ Guwahati airport and transfer to Shillong (Stay @ Shillong)
Highlight- Visit Umiam Lake on the way
- Day 2 (Monday- 13th Nov)- Shillong local sightseeing Shillong (Stay @ Shillong)
Highlight- Shillong Peak, Don Bosco centre, Laitlum Canyons, Elephant falls
- Day 3 (Tuesday- 14th Nov)- Shillong to Mawlynnong Village (Stay @ Shillong)
Highlight- Mawlynnong Village- Cleanest village in Asia, Mawlynnong waterfall, and lake, live root bridge
- Day 4 (Wednesday- 15th Nov)- Shillong to Mawjymbuin Caves (Stay @ Cherapunji)
Highlight- Mawjymbuin Caves
- Day 5 (Thursday- 16th Nov)- Cherapunji local sightseeing (Stay @ Cherapunji)
Highlight- Nokhalikai fall, Dainthlen fall, Nohsngithiang falls, Mawsmai Cave
- Day 6 (Friday- 17th Nov)- Cherapunji local sightseeing (Stay @ Cherapunji)
Highlight- Double decker living root bridge
- Day 7 (Saturday- 18th Nov)- Cherapunji to Guwahati (tour ends)
Rs. 29,500/- per person only (Ex Guwahati)
- Accommodation: Twin sharing basis
- Meals: MAP basis (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Transport: Guwahati to Guwahati all surface transfers, sightseeing
- NB Expertise charges
- Train/ Flight / Bus charges to and from Guwahati
- Camera charges, tips, portages, insurances, telephone, beverages or any kind of expenses of personal nature
- Any additional costs incurred in case of a medical emergency / natural disaster / breakdown of vehicle
- Anything not mentioned in what is included section.
For Registration, Contact – 9167966042, 8369580471, 9869509488
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
To register one need to transfer Rs. 15,000/- to below account:
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali-East
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
(Once transferred please SMS/ Whatsup/ e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with: Participant Name, Transaction ID, Email ID, Gender, Contact Number)
Standard administrative charge of 10% of the cost of the tour
Between 60 – 45 days: 25% of the tour Cost
Between 44 – 30 days: 50% of the tour Cost
Between 29 – 20 days: 75% of the tour Cost
Less than 19 days from date of departure: 100% of the tour Cost
- Consumption of Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- The leader decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings.
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.