Local tradition lists 85 temples in Khajuraho out of which only 25 temples are surviving after various stages of preservation and care. Of the various surviving temples, the Kandariya Mahadeva Temple is decorated with a profusion of sculptures with intricate details, symbolism and expressiveness of ancient Indian art. Whole Khajuraho was enclosed by a wall with about 8 gates used for entry/exit. It is believed that each gate is flanked by two date/palm trees. Due to these date trees present Khajuraho get its name Khajura-vahika.
Orchha- was founded in 16th century AD by the Bundela Rajput chief, Rudra Pratap Singh, who became the first King of Orchha. The fort complex is accessed through an arched causeway which leads to a large gateway and a large quadrangular open yard surrounded by palaces. These are Raja Mahal or Raja Mandir, Sheesh Mahal, Jahangir Mahal, a temple, gardens and pavilions. The battlements of the fort have ornamentation. Notable architectural features in the fort complex are projected balconies, open flat areas and decorated latticed windows. The Chaturbhuj Temple was built during the reign of Emperor Akbar, by the Queen of Orchha Ganesh Kunwar while Raj Mandir was built by ‘Madhukar Shah’ during his reign.
Jhansi fort- is situated on a large hilltop called Bangira, in Uttar Pradesh state.
The granite walls of the fort are between 16 and 20 feet thick and on the south side meet the city walls. The south face of the fort is almost perpendicular. There are 10 gates giving access to the fort. Some of these are Khanderao Gate, Datia Darwaza, Unnao Gate, badaGao gate, Laxmi Gate, Sagar Gate, Orchha Gate, Sainyar Gate and Chand Gate. Notable sights in the fort are the Shiva temple, Ganesh temple at the entrance, and the Kadak Bijli cannon used in the uprising of 1857. The memorial board reminds one of the hair-raising feat of the Rani Lakshmibai in jumping on horseback from the fort.
Day 0- Wednesday 12 Dec’18
- Board “12137 Panjab Mail” starting Mumbai CSMT in evening @ 07:35 pm
Day 1- Thursday 13 Dec’18
- Reach Jhansi Junction in afternoon by 02:20 pm
- Check in Hotel, freshen up
- Leave to explore Jhansi fort
- Dinner & overnight in hotel
Day 2- Friday 14 Dec’18
- Good morning at 5:30 am
- Hotel checkout & Breakfast by 7:00 am
- Leave for Orchha sightseeing by private vehicle
- Explore Orchha and lunch by 12:00 pm
- Leave for Khajuraho visit Raneh waterfalls on way
- Reach Khajuraho by 05:30 pm
- Enjoy Light show at Temple
- Overnight stay in hotel
Day 3- Saturday 15 Dec’18
- Good morning at 5:30 am
- Full day exploration of Khajuraho temples (Western, Eastern & Southern area temples
- Move towards Satna Station by at 06:00 pm
- Reach Satna station by 08:30 pm
- Board “11072- KAMAYANI EXPRES” by 10:35 pm
Day 4- Sunday 16 Dec’18
- Reach Mumbai- LTT by 10:50 pm
The above plan is based on an “Ideal” scenario where everything goes per plan & considering that there is no breakdown. It is subject to change in Real Time based on ground realities.
Rs. 9,500/- (Nine Thousand Five Hundred Only) per person
- Sleeper class train ticket from Mumbai to Jhansi & Satna to Mumbai
- Twin/ Triple sharing accommodation in hotel
- All meals during the tour (Excluding food during train journey)
- Private vehicle for sightseeing
- All Entry Fees and Guide Charges (Except camera fee if any)
- Nisarga Bhraman administrative charges
- Basic Medical kit
- Food during the train journey
- Personal / Accident insurance
- Bottled water, Cold drinks, Room services, Laundry service at the hotel
- Additional costs for Hotel accommodation, transport services caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be Extra and need to be borne by participants.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
All participants are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness,
Accidents, emergency rescue. Related to international travel. “Nisarga Bhraman and Organiser”
shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the participants due to
unavoidable reason or mishap.
For Registration, Contact – 91679 66042/ 83695 80471/ 98695 09488/ 99306 91186
To register your seat please transfer Rs. 5,500/- (Non-refundable) in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nisargabhraman/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NisargaBhraman/
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.