Base Village: Kavnai – Igatpuri
Kavnai fort is located on a hill near village Kavanai, in Igatpuri Taluka of Nashik district, India. The fort is located on a small hillock to the north of the village. It has a commanding view of the surrounding area and there is a lake on top. The main entrance door of the fort still stands in a good condition. It is said that the fort was built by Moghuls. It was ceded to Peshvas by Nizam under the terms of the treaty held after the Battle of Udgir (1760).
Type: Hill fort
Base Village: Tringalwadi – Igatpuri
Tringalwadi fort is in the Igatpuri taluka of Nashik district. It is located on the ancient trade route passing through Thal ghat connecting Konkan to Nashik. The presence of the caves on fort indicate that the caves and the fort might have been constructed in 10th century.
At the footshills of the fort is a cave called pandav leni with beautifully carved entrance and a stone idol of Rishabhanatha in the garbha gruha. The cave has a large sabha mandapa. the western entrance to the fort is a unique structure of architecture. The steps and the entrance gate is carved from a single rock. There is an idol of veerHanuman or maruti near the entrance gate and two sharabhaidols carved on the top of the entrance gate. On the fort are ruins of old buildings and a smallBhavanimata temple.There is a cave and a rock cut water cistern on the western side of the hillock on the fort.
Saturday 18 Aug’18
- Catch Kasara last local starting CSMT @ 12:15 am (Sunday morning)/ Dadar @ 12:33 am/ Thane @ 1:09 am/ Kalyan @ 1:43 am/ Kasara @3:00 am
Sunday 19 Aug’18
- Travel to Kavnai village by private transport
- Rest in village and start trek to Kavnai fort by 6:00 am
- Breakfast on the top of fort
- Explore the fort and start descending by 9:00 am
- Reach Kavnai village and move towards Tringalwadi by 10:30 am
- Reach Tringalwadi village by 11:30 am
- Start trek by and reach top of the fort by 1:00 pm
- Explore fort & Lunch by 2:00 pm
- Start descending by 3:00 pm
- Reach Tringalwadi village by 4:00 pm and move towards Kasara Stn.
- Reach Kasara Stn. by 5:30 pm tentatively
Rs. 800/- (Rs. Eight Hundred only) per person
- Private transport from Kasara Stn. to Kavnai village to Tringalwadi village to Kasara Stn.
- B’fast and evening refreshment
- NB Expertise Charges
- Lunch for the day
- Bottled water/ Cold drinks
- Personal / Accident insurance
- Anything other than above mentioned in inclusions
- Lunch for the day
- At least 2 Litres of water
- A haversack to put in everything to be carried for the trek
- Extra set of clothes, Towel / Napkin, Cap
- Camera, something to munch on (Optional)
- Personal medicines required if any
- Identity Proof
For Registration, Contact – 99306 91186/ 91679 66042/ 98200 20261/ 98695 09488
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nisargabhraman/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NisargaBhraman/
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each participant will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.