Region:- Manali -Himachal Pradesh
Duration:- 6 days 5 nights
Max Altitude:- 6,000 Ft.
Approx Trekking:- 15 km.
Prashar Lake- The lake is located at a height of 2,730 m above sea level. With deep blue waters. It is believed that Sage Prashar meditated on the banks of this lake, hence it is named as Prashar Lake. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and looking down on the fast-flowing river Beas, the lake can be approached via Drang. Prashar lake is protected by a fence so nobody can enter it. There is a round, floating island inside the lake. The floating land moves in all directions in the lake. The floating land covers 29% of area of lake whereas water is with 71%. This is approximate percentage of water and land we have on the earth. Till now no one has been able to find out the depth of Prashar Lake, neither know how the land inside floats.
There is a temple which was built in the thirteenth century and legend has it was built by a baby from a single tree.
Barot Valley- located in the Nagru Wildlife Sanctuary, deep in the valley of the Uhl, a right bank tributary of Beas River. The hill sides are thickly forested with deodar, oak, blue pine and spruce. Small villages located alongside fast flowing mountain streams and tiny terraced fields are a charming site. The road route passes through terraced fields and thick cedar forests, rising to Jhatingri at the hilltop. The remains of the summer palace of the former rulers of Mandi are located here. Barot also forms the gateway to the Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary. The sanctuary is home to the monal, black bear and ghoral. Through woods of cedar and pine a trek route cuts across the sanctuary to Kullu.
D1: Monday 17 Dec
- Delhi Reporting 06.00 p.m. and depart to Joginder Nagar – Bid Bangal Village, Travel by Bus – approx. 550 Km. – Overnight Journey by bus
D2: Tuesday 18 Dec
- Arrival at Joginder Nagar – Bid (~08.00 am)
- Travel to Bari by Car – 16 Km
- Paragliding activity (Optional)
- Pack Lunch at Bir Billing
- Post Lunch Move to Rajgunda Camp a hill Walk of ~5 hr.
D3: Wednesday 19 Dec
- After B/Fast Move to Barot Valley and Prashar Lake a trek of ~ 4 to 5 Hrs.
- Prashar Lake Visit and Stay Near Prashar Lake
D4: Thursday 20 Dec
- B/Fast and then move to Manali By Car ~ approx 4 Hrs drive
- Arrival at Manali – Burwa, Shikharpar Guest House
- Lunch – Rest and Manali Sight Seeing
- Dinner -Bada Khana
- Vote of Thanks – Feedback – Certificate Distribution
D5: Friday 21 Dec
- Late B/Fast
- Evening Departure to Delhi by Volvo
D6: Saturday 22 Dec
- Arrival at New Delhi around 10.00 a.m and Dispersal
Note: The above plan is based on an “Ideal” scenario where everything goes per plan & considering that there is no breakdown. It is subject to change in Real Time based on ground realities.
Rs. 8,500/- (Eight Thousand Five Hundred Only) – Delhi to Delhi
Age Group : 14 Yrs. up to Medically/Mentally/Physically fit……
- Day 1: Bus journey from Delhi to Joginder Nagar to Bari village
- Day 2: Travelling to Bari village, Pack lunch, Hi tea & snacks, Dinner, stay in cottage/tent;
- Day 3: B/ Fast, Lunch, Hi tea & snacks, Dinner, stay in cottage/tent
- Day 4: Travel by car /Tempo Traveler to Manali, B/Fast, Lunch, Hi tea & snacks, Dinner, Stay in Cottage)
- Day 5: B/Fast, Lunch, Travel to Delhi by Volvo
- Accommodation: Multiple sharing basis 4 ppl/ room or tent (Girls and Boys Separate Accommodation)
- Guide / Cook and other Professionals
- Additional costs for Hotel accommodation, transport services caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be Extra and need to be borne by participants.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
All participants are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness,
Accidents, emergency rescue. Related to international travel.
Nisarga Bhraman and Organizer”, shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the participants due to unavoidable reason or mishap.
For Registration, Contact – 91679 66042/ 83695 80471/ 98695 09488/ 99306 91186/ 98200 20261
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nisargabhraman/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NisargaBhraman/
- Cancellations prior to 90 days from the start of the trek — full refund
- Cancellation between 89 days and 40 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund
- Cancellation less than 39 days to the start of the trek — no refund.
Note: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike/bandh etc.), Nisarga Bhraman will not be responsible and will not give any refund.
Drop out during trek: If for some reason a participant has to drop out from the trek on any day then Nisarga Bhraman, will make arrangements for his/her return upto Manali. A staff will accompany the participant to the Manali. Manali transportation and stay cost at any location including Manali has to be borne by the participant.
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and anti-histamines
Which depress the respiration and increase the risk of AMS- (Acute Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.
Some Tips Backpacking Checklist:
Sun protection & Cold Cream (Sunscreen/Lip balm/Sunglasses)
Insulation (Jacket/ Personal Clothing’s/ Fleece Gloves/ Hat or Cap)
Illumination (Headlamp or flashlight (Plus spare – Extra batteries)
Personal First-aid Kit.
Hydration Bag or Water Bottle
Bandana or Buff
Rainwear (jacket, pants) (Depend on Weather)
Boots or Shoes suited to terrain
Socks plus spares
Camera and memory cards – Optional
Binoculars – Optional
Notebook and pen or pencil
Credit/Debit card; small amount of cash
Earplugs and eye shade – UV Protected or Cat 4
Toothbrush and/or toiletry kit
Cell phone with Charger
Personal Clothing (T-Shirts/Lowers/Under Garments etc.)