Region :- Jagdalpur-Chattisgarh & Arakku Valley- Andhra Pradesh
Duration :- 5 nights – 6 days
Grade :- Back pack trek/ tour
Chitrakoot waterfall (The Niagara Falls of India)-
The Chitrakoot waterfall is located on the Indravati River and is the largest waterfall in India and may be the widest waterfall in Asia. It is popularly called as “The Niagara Falls of India”. The height of the waterfall is about 29 metres (95 ft). The wideness of the waterfall depends on the water level in the river Indravati. During monsoon, the water level of the river touches the both banks which are nearly 150 m in wide, and the waterfall look like wild in nature. During the rainy season rainbows are created with sun rays reflecting on mist from the waterfall.
Is situated at 35 km from Jagdalpur, in the south-west direction. The waterfall has an approximate height of 300 ft and is situated in the Kanger Valley National Park.
The Borra Caves are located on the East Coast of our country in the Ananthagiri hills of the Araku Valley in State of Andhra Pradesh and are believed to be 150 million years old. The caves, one of the largest in the country, distinctly exhibit a variety of speleothems ranging in size and irregularly shaped stalactites and stalagmites. The caves are basically karstic limestone structures extending to a depth of 80 m (260 ft). At the entry, the cave measures up to 100 m (330 ft) horizontally and 75 m (246 ft) vertically. Stalagmite and stalactite formations are found in the caves and are considered the deepest caves in India.
Araku valley, an amazing hill station, one of unfathomable valley in India lures the tourists with its breath-taking landscapes and pleasant weather. Lush green forest, musical notes of waterfalls makes the journey livelier. The valley is at an altitude of 1300 m above the sea level and is spread around 36 km. The train from Visakhapattanam to Arakku valley passes through more than 40 tunnels and number of bridges. The ascent up to the hill is gradual, provides enough Waterfalls, Orchards, gardens and forests are immense and incomparable beauties of this valley.
5 nights – 6 days
Day 1- Saturday 20 Oct-
- Catch “18520- LTT VSKP EXP” leaving Mumbai-LTT by 6:55 am
Day 2- Sunday 21 Oct- (Visit Submarine museum, R.K beach)
- Reach Visakhapattanam by 11:15 am, Check in hotel
- Post lunch visit Submarine museum & Enjoy evening @ R.K beach
- Overnight in hotel
Day 3- Monday 22 Oct- (Visit Borra Caves, Arakku valley)
- Catch “58501 VSKP- KRDC” passenger by 6:50 am starting from Visakhapattanam
- Reach Borra caves by 9:45 am- explore caves
- Post lunch visit other places in Arakku valley and back to Visakhapattanam by 8:30 pm
- Leave for Jagdalpur- Catch “08512 VSKP JDB SPL” train leaving Visakhapattanam at night by 10:15 pm
- Overnight in train
Day 4- Tuesday 23 Oct- (Visit Tirathgarh waterfalls, Kotamsar caves, Dandak caves)
- Reach Jagadalpur by 6:00 am, Check in hotel
- Post B’fast leave for Tirathgarh Waterfalls, visit Kotamsar caves and Dandak caves on way
- Overnight in hotel
Day 5- Wednesday 24 Oct- (Visit Barsoor, Chitrakot waterfalls, Chitradhara waterfalls, Tamra Ghoomar waterfalls)
- Good morning by 5:30 am
- Leave by 6:00 am for Barsoor, and Chitrakot waterfalls
- Visit Chitradhara waterfalls and Tamra Ghoomar waterfalls on the way
- Board bus to Raipur by 00:15 am or 00:45 am
Day 6- Thursday 25 Oct-
- Reach Raipur in morning between 6:00 am to 7:00 am
- Catch “12152 SAMARSATA EXP” @ 12:55 pm train to Mumbai
Day 7- Friday 26 Oct- Reach Mumbai in morning between 6:00 am to 7:00 am
The above plan is based on an “Ideal” scenario where everything goes per plan & considering that there is no breakdown. It is subject to change in Real Time based on ground realities.
Rs. 10,300/- (Ten Thousand Three Only) – Visakhapattanam to Raipur
- Twin/ Triple sharing accommodation @ Visakhapattanam and Jagdalpur
- All meals during the trek and would be simple, nourishing & vegetarian.
- All Surface Transfers during the trek
- Visakhapattanam to Borra Caves Train Ticket
- Private transfer for sightseeing @ Araku valley, Jagadalpur, Chitrakut waterfalls
- Jagadalpur to Raipur bus transfer
- Services of Experienced guide
- Basic Medical kit
- Travel to Visakhapattanam and Raipur to Mumbai
- Food during the train journey
- Personal / Accident insurance
- Bottled water, Cold drinks, Room services, Laundry service at the hotel
- Additional costs for Hotel accommodation, transport services caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be Extra and need to be borne by participants.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
All participants are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness,
Accidents, emergency rescue. Related to international travel. “Nisarga Bhraman and Organiser”
shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the participants due to
unavoidable reason or mishap.
For Registration, Contact – 91679 66042/ 83695 80471/ 98695 09488/ 99306 91186
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to email@example.com or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nisargabhraman/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NisargaBhraman/
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.