Height:3200 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Hadsar
The fort is also known as Parvatgad, was constructed during the Satvaahanas and was heavily inhabited during that period. It is located on the outskirts of Ahmednagar (known commonly as Nagar) to control the trade route passing through Naneghat. Documentary evidences show that Hadsar was one of the forts exchanged in the 1637 treaty between Shahaji Raje and the Mughals.
The entrance gates of the fort are epitomes of the medieval architecture. Twin doors in a tunnel-like entranceway, steps carved out of the rock and the Gomukhi construction of the entrance are worth studying.
Height: 3400 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Chavand wadi
The fort houses many a remnant of constructions that take us about 800 years back into the time.
The fort was looted and destroyed by the British upon siege. Places worth visiting on Chavand includes:
Saptamatrika (The seven cisterns)- These are 7 water tanks aligned along each other. These have much mythological significance, & their names are as follows: Brahmi, Maheshwari, Kaumari, Vaishnavi, Varahi, Indrayani & Chamunda, the most powerful goddess of all.
Caves- On the north side of the fort the caves are situated where the fortification ends.
Temple of goddess Chamunda located on the topmost part of the fort.
Saturday- 24 Feb’18
- Travel by private bus leaving Borivali National Park gate @ 11.30 pm
(Bus route Via- Ghodbandar Rd., Kapurbawdi Junction, Kalyan)
Sunday- 25 Feb’18
- Reach Nimgiri by 4:00 am and rest for 2 hrs
- Freshen up and B’fast by 6:30 am
- Round of introduction and Start trek by 7:00 am, reach top by 8:30 am
- Explore fort and start descending by 09:30 am
- Head towards Hadsar fort, trek and reach top by 12:00 pm
- Explore fort and start descending by 01:30 pm
- Lunch at Hadsar village
- Leave for Chawand fort by 2:30 pm
- Reach Chawand fort top by 4:30 pm
- Explore fort and start descending by 5:30 pm
- Start return journey to Mumbai by 6:30 pm
- Reach Mumbai by 11:00 pm aprox.
Rs. 1,400/- per participant
- Travel by private bus from Borivali National park
- Food (Breakfast and Evening tea-snacks)
- Guide & NB expertise charges
- Lunch for the day (Pls carry your own lunch)
- Personal / Accident insurance
- Bottled water, Cold drinks etc.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
For Registration, Contact – 91679 66042/ 83695 80471/ 99306 91186/ 98695 09488
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nisargabhraman/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NisargaBhraman/
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Lunch for the day
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.