Amruteshwar Temple in Ratanwadi is one of the ASI protected temple famous for its carvings and is dated back to the Hemadpant Era – roughly from the eighth century.
Places worth visiting on the Fort includes-
Nedhe (Needle hole) – Created on the mountain top by the strong wind erosion and is ~10 ft. high and ~60 ft. wide
Trimbak Gate- Carved out of a vertical rock wall and is the entrance from Samrad village side. The steps leading the gate are also carved out of the rock. The walls are ~200ft high
Ganesh Gate- This is the entrance from Ratanwadi. The original steps were blasted by British forces after Maratha lost the war in 1818. Forest Dept. has put up the steal ladders to enter the fort through this gate.
Amruteshwar Temple & Vishnutirth- Amruteshwar Temple in Ratanwadi is one of the ASI protected temple famous for its carvings and is dated back to the Hemadpant Era – roughly from the eighth century. The Vishnutirth located near Amruteshwar Temple is a fresh water cistern and have various idols all along its sides.
Saturday- 16 Dec 2017
- Catch the last local train (slow) to Kasara starting Mumbai CST- 00:14 am
(Halting @ Dadar- 00:32 am/ Kurla- 00:42 am/ Thane- 1:08 am/ Kalyan- 1:41 am/ Kasara- 2:55 am)
Sunday- 17 Dec 2017
- Reach Kasara by 3:00 am
- Travel by private Jeep to base village- Ratanwadi
- Freshen up and Breakfast
- Start trek by 7:30 am and reach top by 10:30 am
- Explore the fort and Lunch by 12:30 pm
- Start descending by 2:00 pm and reach Ratanwadi by 4:00 pm
- Travel back to Kasara and reach by 6:00 pm aprox.
- Reach Mumbai by 9:00 pm aprox.
Rs. 1,150/- per participant
- Travel from Kasara to Ratanwadi and back by private jeep
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea-snacks)
- Guide & NB expertise charges
- Train ticket to & from Kasara
- Personal / Accident insurance
- Bottled water, Cold drinks etc.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
For Registration, Contact – 99306 91186/ 98695 09488/ 91679 66042/ 83695 80471
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to email@example.com or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nisargabhraman/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NisargaBhraman/
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.