Ratangad also famously known as Jewels of the Fort located near Ratan Wadi, overlooking the locale of Bhandardara, one of the oldest artificial catchment area. The fort is about 2000 years old and has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak. The sculptures of Lord Ganesh and Hanuman are seen on the main gate. The fort is origin for the river Pravara/Amrutvahini. From the top of the fort neighboring forts like Alang, Madan, kulang, Harishchandragad, Patta can be seen easily. The view of entire Bhandardara dam gives sheer pleasure. There are many rock cut water cisterns on the fort, some of them store potable water throughout the year. There is a natural hole OR Nedhe (10 feet high and 60 feet wide) on the mountain top caused by wind erosion.
Places worth visiting on the Fort includes-
Nedhe (Needle hole) – Created on the mountain top by the strong wind erosion and is ~10 ft. high and ~60 ft. wide
Trimbak Gate- Carved out of a vertical rock wall and is the entrance from Samrad village side. The steps leading the gate are also carved out of the rock. The walls are ~200ft high
Ganesh Gate- This is the entrance from Ratanwadi. The original steps were blasted by British forces after Maratha lost the war in 1818. Forest Dept. has put up the steal ladders to enter the fort through this gate.
Amruteshwar Temple & Vishnutirth- Amruteshwar Temple in Ratanwadi is one of the ASI protected temple famous for its carvings and is dated back to the Hemadpant Era – roughly from the eighth century. The Vishnutirth located near Amruteshwar Temple is a fresh water cistern and have various idols all along its sides.
Saturday- 08 Sept’18
- Catch the last local train (slow) to Kasara starting Mumbai CST- 00:14 am
(Halting @ Dadar- 00:32 am/ Kurla- 00:42 am/ Thane- 1:08 am/ Kalyan- 1:41 am/ Kasara- 2:55 am)
Sunday- 09 Sept’18
- Reach Kasara by 3:00 am
- Travel by private Jeep to base village- Samrad
- Freshen up and Breakfast
- Start trek by 7:30 am and reach top by 10:30 am
- Explore the fort and Lunch by 12:30 pm
- Start descending by 2:00 pm and reach Ratanwadi by 4:00 pm
- Travel back to Kasara and reach by 6:00 pm approx.
- Reach Mumbai by 9:00 pm approx.
Rs. 1,300/- (Rs. One thousand Three hundred only) per participant
- Travel from Kasara to Samrad and Ratanwadi to Kasara by private jeep
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Hi-tea)
- Guide & NB expertise charges
- Train ticket to & from Kasara
- Personal / Accident insurance
- Bottled water, Cold drinks etc.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
For Registration, Contact – 91679 66042/ 99306 91186/ 83695 80471/ 98695 09488
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to email@example.com or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nisargabhraman/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NisargaBhraman/
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.