Places worth visiting on the Fort includes-
Saptatirtha Pushkarni –It is a well-built lake near east of Harishchandreshwar temple. On its bank are temple-like constructions in which there are idols of Lord Vishnu.
Kedareshwar Cave –It located towards the right of Harishchandreshwar temple. There is a big Shiva Linga in the cave which is completely surrounded by water. Its height from the base is five feet, and the water is waist-deep. Another interesting thing about this place is that water seeps into this temple from the walls everyday during all the seasons throughout the year, except during rainy season.
Kokan Kada –This cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan, and is the major attraction amongst the trekkers. It provides a spectacular view of the surrounding region. The cliff has an overhang.
Taramati peak –This is the top most point on the fort (1429 meters). From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat & Murbad. Forts like Siddhagad, Bhimashankar Ajoba Kulang can be seen from the top.
Friday- 01st Dec 2017
- Catch the last local train (slow) to Kasara starting Mumbai CST- 00:14 am
(Halting @ Dadar- 00:32 am/ Kurla- 00:42 am/ Thane- 1:08 am/ Kalyan- 1:41 am/ Kasara- 2:55 am)
Saturday- 02nd Dec 2017
- Reach Kasara by 3:00 am
- Travel by private Jeep to base village, Pachnai
- Freshen up and Breakfast
- Start trek by 8:00 am and reach top by 10:30 am
- Explore historical monuments Viz. Shiv mandir/ Caves/ Pushkarni/ Shiv lingam
- Lunch and Rest
- Enjoy Sunset at Kokankada
- Dinner and Enjoy camp fire till 10:30 pm
Sunday- 03rd Dec 2017
- Good morning at 6:00 am
- Post breakfast, visit Taramati Peak
- Descend and reach Pachnai by 1:00 pm
- Lunch by 1:30 pm
- Travel towards Kasara & reach by 6:00 pm approx
- Reach Mumbai by 9:00pm approx.
Rs. 1,600/- per participant
- Travel from Kasara to Pachnai and back by private jeep
- Food (Saturday- Breakfast, Lunch, tea-snacks, Dinner/ Sunday- Breakfast, Lunch)
- NB expertise charges
- Train ticket to & from Kasara
- Personal / Accident insurance
- Bottled water, Cold drinks etc.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
For Registration, Contact – 99306 91186/ 98695 09488/ 91679 66042/ 83695 80471
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to email@example.com or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nisargabhraman/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NisargaBhraman/
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.