Lonar Lake is a saline soda lake located in Buldana district, Maharashtra, India, which was created by a meteor impact during the Pleistocene Epoch. This lake, which lies in a basalt impact structure, is both saline and alkaline in nature. The Lake has a mean diameter of 1.2 km (3,900 ft) and is about 137 mtr (449 ft) below the crater rim. The meteor crater rim is about 1.8 km (5,900 ft) in diameter. The circular depression bears a saline water lake in its central portion. The crater’s age is usually estimated to be 52,000 ± 6,000 years, although a study published in 2010 gives an age of 656,000 ± 81,000 years.
The lake was initially believed to be of volcanic origin, but now it is recognized as an impact crater created by the hypervelocity impact of either a comet or a meteorite. The presence of plagioclase that has been either converted into maskelynite or contains planar deformation features (PDFs) has confirmed the impact origin of this crater.
Friday night- Departure to Jalna by Devgiri express starting CST at 9.10 pm
Saturday, 8 th Dec 2017
- Reach Jalna by 5:00 am and transfer towards Lonar by Private transport.
- Reach Lonar by 8:00 am
- Check in hotel / MTDC Dorm
- Freshen up and Breakfast by 9:30 am
- Briefing about the Lonar crater by expert guide and move for Lonar Crater Parikrama.
- Post Lunch explore nearby temples and cultural heritage of Lonar
- Dinner& rest
Sunday, 10 th Dec 2017
- Good morning by 5:30 am
- Freshen up and breakfast by 6:30 am
- Move for Lonar Crater Parikrama.
- Lunch by 12:00 pm
- Post lunch check out of the hotel and leave for Sindakhed raja (The birth place of Rajmata Jija bai Bhosale)
- Visit World’s Biggest Balaji Idol at Mehkar (if time permits)
- Reach Jalna station by 7 pm.
- Board Nandigram Express leaving Jalna at 8.15 pm
- Reach Mumbai-CST by 5.40 am
Rs. 4,100/- per participant.
- Sleeper class train tickets Mumbai to Jalna & back
- Private Transport from Jalna to Lonar lake and back back
- Food: Day 1 & 2 – breakfast, lunch, evening refreshment and dinner
- Dormitory stay at MTDC RESORT
- Guide & NB expertise charges
- Personal / Accident insurance.
- Bottled water, Cold drinks etc.
- Any other items which is specifically not mentioned in the above INCLUSIONS.
For Registration, Contact – 9869509488, 9167966042, 9930691186, 8369580471
To register your seat please transfer event cost in the account below:
Account Name: Nisarga Bhraman Eco Tours
Account No.: 50200024447001 (Current)
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: 0000414
Bank: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali (East)
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to email@example.com or send it over Whatsup.
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Sleeping bag or bed sheet
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & should lead to expulsion from the trek.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings.
- Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.